Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Jumping into a puddle




This is the video of the song “Hoppipolla” of Sigur ros, an Icelandic post-rock band.  Hoppipolla means “jumping into a puddle” and talks about how simple life is when you are a child how you can have fun with simple things like spinning in circles, getting dirty, having imaginary adventures, jumping into puddles, making mischief no matter what, how the time passes by very slow playing with friend and how much you enjoyed it.  I love the fact that the song talks about childhood, but in the video we can watch old people playing as children and having a lot of fun, and that makes me thing of how we still having a child within us, and sometimes we forget that, that child is the spark that makes us enjoy life and makes us see things in a different special way, like children do.



I have to admit that I spend a month loving this song without knowing what it was about (because it’s in Icelandic), but it makes me feel something anyway because of the melody and video as well. Sigur ros have a lot of songs like this one with good melodies that make you think and feel a lot, without knowing what they are talking about, they even once released an album that included songs in an invented unreadable language in a way of challenging people to feel their music as they want, so now I invite you to hear another songs of Sigur ros and just hear them, because to me they are sometimes a cure for the soul. 
Hope you enjoy it :)

2 comments:

  1. A great song, a heard others more strange and crazy, I really love the way they combined the sounds, they are fantastic.

    my favorite song of Sigur Ros...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXrkNzhHbII

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the meaning of the song, it's like the one that I published but that's about youth. I couldn't watch the video but I will look after for it. ( I also think that we still having a child inside us, and I try to keep it there)

    ReplyDelete